What do I need to know about TennesSeed?
- Highly collaborative and interested in co-investment opportunities; values co-investors, shares deals with others, and seeks to attract capital for companies from others
- Can invest via the security that best fits the opportunity (examples include debt, SAFE, equity)
- Interested in a highly efficient investment and documentation process, as opposed to long, drawn-out negotiations
- Believes the best investors add value well beyond invested capital
- Opportunistic and generalist; not focused on a specific industry or technology
- Wants to hear about the stellar upside but values total transparency, honesty, and pragmatism
How do I know if my opportunity might be a fit for TennesSeed?
- Tennessee company (not a research or development project)
- Seed-stage; focused on proof-of-concept
- Seeking investment of $25K - $250K to fund the achievement of a specific, well-defined milestone that can substantially de-risk an opportunity and/or significantly increase the value of an opportunity
- It is extremely important that a company be able to clearly and succinctly define the milestone to be achieved and articulate the rationale for why such achievement will contribute to success